Free E-book Forum Specific Routines Fat burn furnace

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Darrin 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Darrin,

There seems to be very limited information on the site about the fat burn furnace workout (just a short blurb on the purchase page). If I click on the link in the store section it takes me straight through to the purchase page.

Can I get a bit more detail on the program please?

Grant.

Darrin
    Keymaster

yeah, I' ve done a poor job promoting and describing it.  But many people are using it and have emailed me with thanks and with questions, so hopefully one of them will chime in.  If a few days go by and nobody does, then I can try to objectively add comments.

Darrin
    Keymaster

Hi Grant – since nobody else chimed in, I'm happy to answer any questions you have – fire away!

Anonymous

Hi Darrin,

I've purchased FBF now and intend to start it next week. It looks like it will totally exhaust you!

The timing should be good because there are a few runs coming up. A 10km 1 April another 10km in June, the 14km City to Surf in Sydney in August (you should come out here to run that one day, check it out on the web) Like you I was beginning to get tired of the 6x6x6 and was looking for a change.

One question I have is what does the “1+1/4” mean in  1+1/4 back squats? I'm familiar with squats and box squats. Does this mean you go beyond parallel or you incorporate a small lift at the bottom before coming all the way back up?

I think you had some “various stability and abs exercises for 15minutes” in one of your posts somewhere. Can you find it? any recommendations?

Grant.

Darrin
    Keymaster

Hi Grant – 1 + 1/4 squats mean you start the squat like normal.  Decent to the point where the top of your thigh breaks parallel, just like normal.  Then start the rise, but only come up 1/4 of the way.  Then go back down to break parallel again.  Now come all the way up.  You've just completed 1 rep.  No bouncing. Way harder than it sounds.

As for the stability/abs exercises, I don't think I ever actually got around to writing that.  Maybe I have some in my videos on my youtube channel…  I'll check.  But I definitely have found some great movements (or in some cases, anti-movements) for the abs.  However, I have to caution everyone that until you are lean, doing abs stuff will NOT make your abs show.  Yes, you need “core strength” but you'll get that from working up in weight on the Big 7.  Trying to make your abs show doesn't happen by working the abs – it happens by losing fat.  Once you've lost fat, you can indeed make your abs “pop” by working them.  Not sure what you have in mind here but happy to try to help more, in particular how it applies to Fat Burn Furnace.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.